Sunday, August 26, 2007

NASCAR Race at the Bristol Motor Raceway

OK for starters, I think you might find it interesting that I am on I-75 heading back to Florida and I am blogging at the same time. Isn't technology wonderful? We are also watching National Treasure and dad has the sound hooked into the car speakers. Pretty Cool!

Here are a few pictures I took at the NASCAR race. Because both races were at night, I couldn't take very many due to it was dark. Every race we go to at Bristol starts off pretty much the same. They introduce the drivers, a parachuter drifts into the raceway with a huge American flag, and they sing the National Anthem. This time they had a cards at each seat and had all the fans hold up their card during the anthem. When they gave us the signal, we held up the signs and made the USA on one end of the raceway and the American flag wrapped around the rest of the seats. Then we flipped them over and did the second one, which showed the Sharpie 500 and Bristol on one end and Sprint giveaway on the other end. It also wrapped around the entire raceway. The Raceway contacted the Guinness Book of World Records to document it as the biggest Card Stunt ever done. It was so cool to see the signs develop. We all thought it was awesome to be part of breaking a world record. After that, Air Force jets soar over the fans at mach speeds. I got a decent picture with one turning on his afterburners. Then someone says “Gentleman Start your Engines” and they start um up. It is REALLY LOUD!!!

As you can see the 2 pictures of the cars are very dark and hard to see so I decided to put my camera away and just watch the race. Again, Dad hooked us up with awesome seats in the handicapper section. So we all got to be together to watch the race. The race was a pretty good one but again none of our favorites won. The race ended around 12am and had to wait for an hour or so before we could even leave the raceway. We didn't get back to the house until 2am.

Now for the funny part. David and Audra really wanted to treat us to dinner so when we got to the house they were cooking us dinner. They had grilled steak, salad with all the fixins, baked potatoes, and freshly made tea. I must admit I have never eaten steak at 2:30 in the morning before but it was awesome! I may have to try it at home some time with Robin and the kids.


CroppinRobin said...

I'm not sure that I'll be crazy over steak at 2:30am.
About as crazy as I was over the phone call at 2:30am telling me that you were eating steak!

Gideon mommasita said...

Oh My Gosh! You didn't call your wife at 2:30 am to tell her you were eating steak! Holy Cow. I don't think so, no steak for me at 2:30. Wow. Josh cheated on me and read your blog at work, I thought we were reading it together until he says read the comment it is really good and gave his cheater self away. HaH! You have made us laugh again! Thanks

Christy said...

Wow..... steak at 0230 hrs in the A.M.?? Are you Nutz??? I wish I was there...almost everyone in the family was there except for myself (Doug), and Jamie (Martha) Thanks for ALL the was fun to see everyone. Can't wait till October !!!!!

Love Ya

Mom said...

Maybe you could sell your old dryer for $50 to someone who has more time.