Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'LL FIX IT....Somehow...Someway...

How many times has something happen to you or a situation arises and your first instinct is to take it on and fix it yourself? I struggle with this all the time. My wife comes to me to tell me she has a problem and what do I want to do... fix it! My kids come to me with a problem and I want to fix it. Why is our first reaction to fix things? I can think back to many situations that I spent countless hours thinking of ways I could fix or take care of a problem. Whether it's a bill that needs to be paid and the money isn't there to pay it or something bad has happened and I don't know what to do. My mind races from idea to idea, plan to plan...How can I solve the problem?

Well this week is no different. Last Thursday morning I went out to start my truck and it's a no go! I get some funky error in my odometer screen reading "No BUS". What's Up With That? I check the internet and find that the computer in my truck is malfunctioning. The internet searches say it's the PCM (main computer). Not only does it run the whole truck but the dealership will have to fix it. How can I fix it? That’s my first thought. What can I do? Why me? What am I going to do? My mind starts to race...my heart starts to sink once I see the estimated cost posted in the internet searches...how will we pay for this....how do I get to work...what am I going to do... This goes on and on and on and on. So here it is 5 days later and I am
still thinking of all the ways I can fix this....I can do this and get some money...I can sell that to get some more.. on and on it goes.

I know your saying "Michael what about God!" Well that’s were it gets difficult. In my head, I know He has a plan for me...He is the one who allowed this to happen to me...there is a reason for all this...I need to trust HIM! At the same time my mind races with all the ways I think I can fix this problem. It is a battle between the flesh of the mind and trusting in God. Do you ever have that problem? Do you battle with trusting Him? All the things I have learned and experienced in my Christian walk tell me everything is going to be fine. He will take care of it all. Do not worry. Trust in Me! I can hear God telling me these things. My head knows this and so does my heart. But I still struggle with wanting to solve it on my own and within my own power. All it takes is to just give it to Him and let Him deal with it! I can sit back and not worry, relax in Him and know all will be fine. I am always reminded of this song we use to sing in youth group "cast all your cares upon Him, lay all of your burdens down at His feet, anytime I don't know what to do, I will cast all my cares upon you!" I am pretty good about not worrying. Most of the time I think I am just blocking it out or I pretend it doesn’t exists. I can go through the day and not worry... sometimes I don't even think about it. I think it is because we don’t want to face the fact that we have a hard time trusting God. I mean fully trusting Him in every situation...100%. I know deep down He will take care of me. How and When? I don't have a clue...but I do know He loves me and cares for me...that is all that matters. I think I will always struggle with the ability to fully trust in Him...there is a piece of me that always wants to do the fixing. Do you struggle with trusting God? What keeps you from trusting in Him?

I put all this out here so you can know.... God cares for you...more then you could ever imagine. In 1 Peter 5:7 it says "cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.” Do you cast your cares upon him? Do you lay all your burdens at His feet? It is so easy to want to do it yourself...fix it on your own. Don't fall in to the evil ones trap...Trust in Him...rely on Him...He is the one who can sustain you in the worst of times. He loves you and does care for you!

One of my favorite verses in the bible is Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. How awesome is that! To know that our future is already planned out. Trust and follow Him and you will have Hope! Thank you Lord for planning my Future and giving me Hope!

8 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

very well said. great post michael and i enjoyed the comic.

Melissa said...

I have trouble trusting all the time. I know it's just the sin nature creeping back in over and over. When will we learn.....?

Josh said...

I can identify. Like I said on your lovely wife's blog, I'm slow. I remember once revealing to a friend that I constantly felt like God was putting road blocks in my path and how difficult He made it for me to climb over them. He very kindly reminded me that road blocks are used to change our direction, not to slow us down.

Melissa said...

good insightful thought, josh.....I like it a lot!

OD5463 said...

So, did you trust God? How did He finally fix your truck?

OD5463 said...

Just to let you to know, I still can't sign in to my own blog site. When I click the sign-in link at the top right of my home page, NOTHING HAPPENS :(

Anonymous said...

still waiting on the part....it is taking for ever!

Whats Up With That?

CroppinRobin said...

https://www.blogger.com/start

jamie, try typing in the above address and see if you can sign in.....